Tips to keep your pets safe this Diwali
Wishing you all a very Happy Diwali from the entire team at Canine Sports Centre
Diwali celebration can be a great fun for people, but light, noise and color can be frightening and chaotic for the pets. Due to firecrackers, thousands of animals suffer burns every year. Furthermore, various animal shelters report a dramatic increase in pets lost during this celebration. It is important to understand that pets like cats and dogs have stronger hearing powers than human beings, making them vulnerable to a host of fears, anxieties and health ailments. Here are seven tips that you should follow to make your lovely pet safe in this Diwali.
- You should take your pet for a short walk in the day time before the Diwali celebrations begin, and make sure to keep your pet away from the fireworks.
- At time of Diwali celebration, you should keep your pet indoor and in a familiar room. Pets have a heightened sense of hearing so the loud noises cause them to flee in search of safe haven.
- Shut all the windows and doors so as to lessen the noise of crackers and keep your pet supplied with sufficient food and water. Further, you can turn up the volume on the television to help mask the sounds of fireworks.
- Keep your fireworks in a closed box, somewhere cool and dry, out of reach of your pets. Locking away your fireworks is the best option.
- If your pet is prone to acute distress or anxiety, check for veterinarian’s availability beforehand, in case the need arises. In addition to this, you can slowly accustom your pet to have cotton in the ears
- Your pet can manage to flee due to the anxiety or fear caused by the cracker noise, therefore, make your pet wear a name tag with your phone number, so that someone can bring them back to you.
- You should never punish your pet in any way for being afraid from noise.